"Kamitomizaka Church of Christ, Tokyo, Japan - new building, about 1924(?)" A large group portrait of the congregation from the Kamitomizaka Church of Christ in front of their newly constructed church building. The church was begun by J. M. McCaleb, a missionary from the a cappella Churches of Christ, in 1893 and the original building completed in 1896. By the early 1920s, the church building became too dangerous to meet in, so the congregation began construction in March 1924. They completed the building in June 1924.
photographic print, 21 x 27 cm.
Abilene Christian University Brown Library Milliken Special Collections; ACU Manuscripts; Ms 15 William and Clara Bishop Papers
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License.