"Las Parcelas de Higuillar, Puerto Rico. A building in the country." Five children stand in front of a Church of Christ building in Higuillar, Puerto Rico. Churches of Christ began mission work in Puerto Rico in 1953 when Joe McKissick and John Young were sent to the island to investigate the possibilities of establishing Churches of Christ there. The first full time missionaries from American Churches of Christ were Winston Atkinson and Cecil Freeman. By 1959 they had established nine congregations with over 200 members in Puerto Rico.
Jimmie Lovell Papers, Center for Restoration Studies, Milliken Special Collections, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License.
children, buildings, churches, Religious Communities, girls, boys