The original classroom building still surrounded by bamboo scaffolding and under construction with the faculty, staff, and students of Ibaraki Christian College seated in front of it. Completed in 1949, it was a Western-style two-story wooden building constructed on the highest spot of the campus. In order to meet the deadline for the opening of the college that April, the carpenter, his family, and other workers lived in temporary quarters on the campus so that they could continue work into the evening. The building was used jointly by the college and high school at first, but came to be used by the high school only.
photographic print, 11.5 x 16 cm.
Abilene Christian University Brown Library Milliken Special Collections; Center for Restoration Studies; Ms 17 E. W. McMillan Papers
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License.
Higher education institutions; Schools; Students; Teachers