Date of Creation
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Restoration movement (Christianity)--History|y19th century.
Global History Chapter
1. Emergence of the Stone-Campbell Movement
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Digital photograph on site
Exterior of stained glass window honoring Alexander Campbell, northeast side, Ahorey Presbyterian Church
Use photographs of locations in County Armagh and Down to develop geographical awareness in students of the Campbell family’s history.
Alexander Campbell, Ahorey Presbyterian Church, Armagh
In 1798, Thomas Campbell accepted a call from the Ahorey Presbyterian Church about four miles from the city of Armagh. He ministered there until he emigrated to the U.S. in 1807. During his ministry, the family lived first on a farm near Hamilton's Bawn, and then moved to Rich Hill where Thomas opened a school to supplement his income. This stained glass window on the northeast side of the building honoring Alexander Campbell was given by the Disciples of Christ in the United States.