"The new church building will provide space for public Bible courses offered to the Brazilian public. In this foto, a class meets in a large bedroom converted into a classroom." An American missionary from Churches of Christ stands behind a group of students taking a free Bible course. The Sao Paulo team began forming in 1958 at Abilene Christian University. In June 1961, when the team left, there were 26 adults and 18 children on the team. By 1962 this number increased to a total of 50 American missionaries from Churches of Christ working as a mission team in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This was the largest team of missionaries ever sent out by Churches of Christ.
Jimmie Lovell Papers, Center for Restoration Studies, Milliken Special Collections, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License.
clergy, buildings, churches, housing, Religious Communities, Religious Practice, men, women, Teachers