Title of Collection
Pecos River Family Encampment Papers, 1944-1996
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains some of the financial papers, history, and photographs from the Pecos River Family Encampment. The collection is housed in one box.
The Pecos River Family Encampment began meeting in 1940, when J. Frank Black, preacher, and Charlie Chandler, rancher, decided that Chandler's land would be the ideal location for a camp. After a short hiatus during the World War II years, the camp began meeting again in 1944. The campground is located on Hwy. 349 between Iraan and Sheffield, TX, on the bank of the Pecos River. The camp is supported by the local churches of Christ.
The collection is arranged by material type, then if necessary, by date.
Folder 1: Financial Records, 1944-1996 Folder 2: History - "A History of the Pecos River Family Encampment, 1940-1996" by Glenn P. Willeford Folder 3: Photographs, 1996 Session
Churches of Christ--Texas
Extent of Collection
0.5 linear feet (1 box)
Center for Restoration Studies Manuscript #22
Center for Restoration Studies
[Identification of item], File or Folder Name, Pecos River Family Encampment Papers, 1944-1996. Center for Restoration Studies MS #22. Milliken Special Collections, Brown Library. Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX.
Open to researchers. Contact Milliken Special Collections to make an appointment
Finding Aid created by
ACU StaffKayla Sanderson
Black, James Frank; Chandler, Charlie
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.