Title of Collection
Scope and Content Note
One aluminum communion tray with eleven (11) aluminum cups, one aluminum collection basket with red velvet lining in the base, plus one file of historical information about the establishment of the Cooper’s Chapel Church of Christ. Included in the collection is a historical sketch by Pauline Anderson Slovak and photocopies of several photographs of the building and grounds.
The following biographical note is excerpted from Waymarking.com:
“Cooper’s Chapel Church of Christ existed from 1892-1980. The communion ware was used from the 1950s until the congregation closed. The site of numerous social activities, particularly during the 1930s Depression period, the building served as a place of worship until 1980. The church has been closed since 1980.”
Former Cooper’s Chapel Church of Christ-Titus County, TX, Waymarking.com, https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/wm11HWQ_FORMER_Coopers_Chapel_Church_of_Christ_Titus_County_TX
Donated by Charles G. Anderson, Sr. (ACC Class of 1957). Anderson grew up attending the Cooper Chapel congregation.
The processors retained the original order as received.
Communion tray, collection plate, file folder with historical sketch and photographs
Churches of Christ--Texas, Churches of Christ--Titus County
Extent of Collection
1.0 linear feet (1 box)
Center for Restoration Studies Manuscripts #303
Center for Restoration Studies
[identification of item], [file or folder name], Cooper’s Chapel Church of Christ Collection, 1950-1980. Center for Restoration Studies MS #303. Abilene Christian University Special Collections and Archives, Brown Library. Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX.
Open to researchers. Contact Abilene Christian University Special Collections and Archives to make an appointment.
Finding Aid created by
Cooper's Chapel Church of Christ
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.